- Will it hurt my children?
No. The electrical current pulses through the wires at approximately 1 second intervals. Should a child or adult touch the fence the immediate reaction is to pull away after an initial shock. If the currant was continually "live" you would not be able to let go. This is the legislation for safety.
- How good good a deterrent is an electric fence?
Live Wire electrified fencing is an excellent deterrent visually and from a painful fear factor. It is designed to keep unwanted people outside your property and not allow them in.
- Do criminals place something like a blanket over the electric fence to climb over it?
The electric fence is designed so that the wires will be shorted out when touching each other. This will trigger the Siren/Alarm and the Strobe Light will also be activated thus warning you of potential perimeter intrusion.
- Is it necessary to connect the electrified fence to my Alarm monitering company?
Live Wire can, at little extra cost, connect your electric fence to your Alarm company. there is a definite advantage in doing so.
- What about my pets?
Cats are preceptive to the aura of the electricity in the fence. Cats can detect the magnetic field and would not normally approach the electric fence. Dogs will not normally touch a second time should they have had an initial shock!
- What would happen if the electric fence wires are cut?
It is very difficult to cut the Live Wires without been shocked. Should this happen, the back up alarm will sound and the strobe light will go off warning you in advance of possible intrusion.
- How powerful is the electric fence?
The maximum voltage allowed by law is 10,000 volts and the average setting on the energiser is between 7,000 and 11,000 volts to allow for fluctuations. This is more than sufficient to deter any unwanted criminals.
- Will my monthly electricity account increase?
The Energiser which pulses the electric fence uses very, very little power. This can be equated to the use of a light bulb.
- What happens during a power failure?
Our Energisers have a battery back-up which will keep the electric fence fully powered for 6 - 8 hours.
- Do branches and foliage have an effect on the electric fence?
Too much foliage touching the electric wires drain the power to earth. Always keep your electric fence wires free from foliage.
- Do I only switch on the fence when I go out, or at night time?
No! Always keep your Live Wire Electrified Fence on day and night. It is there to keep out intruders every day of the year.
Please call us at Live Wire should you have any other questions. We will only be too happy to help.